Whether it's a salad or a pasta, I'm not too sure. But it defenitely tastes amazing! Making your own pesto is so easy and way cheaper than the store-bought version. Especially if you make this rocket pesto with walnuts. Very fresh due to the lemon juice in it, and slightly spicy and nutty because of the rocket. Pairs perfectly with a fillet of fish! You could use any kind of white fish, but also salmon would be very tasty.
Tip: buy the frozen pangasius fillet, as research points out that the 'fresh' ones are twice the price and actually defrosted. Waste of money! :)
RECIPE (2 persons)
- 1 big zucchini
- 1 cucumber
- 6 radishes, in thin slices
- 40 gr rocket
- 25 gr parmesan cheese
- 20 gr walnuts
- 1 lemon
- 2 pangasius fillets
- Fresh herbs like basil, thyme or oregano
- Usa a mandoline or cheese slicer to slice the cucumber and zucchini very thin. Seperate them and discard the inner part of the cucumber.
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil and add a spoonful of salt. Blanch the zucchini for 1 minute and drain. Rinse with cold water and let the zucchini drain while you prepare the remaining component.
- Make the pesto by mixing the rocket, walnuts, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and the parmesan cheese in a blender. Add olive oil until you reach the desired consistency. Not too oily! Keep tasting, and add salt and pepper to your liking.
- In a large skillet, add two tablespoons of oil and heat it up. Pat th fillets dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper, to get a nice crust. Fry on high heat for 2 to 3 mintes per side.
- In a big saladbowl, mix the zucchini, cucumber, radishes, 2 big tablespoon full of pesto and the fresh herbs. Serve with the fillets and possibly remaining walnuts, parmesan and lemonjuice. Enjoy!