This beauty was a HUGE succes! It taste just as amazing as it looks, so full of flavour. Perfect as a starter, vegetarian dish or as a main with this amazing crispy spatchcock chicken! Can't stress enough that you must really try this!
RECIPE (4 persons)
- 2 eggplants, in slices
- ½ cauliflower, in chunks
- 50ml cream
- 30gr almonds, chopped
- Optional: fresh thyme
- 10gr fresh chives
- 10gr fresh parsley, leaves picked
- 10gr fresh thyme, leaves picked
- Optional: lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Bring a pan full of water to the boil, add 1 teaspoon salt and cook the cauliflower in 15 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Brush the slices of eggplant with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill them in a pan for around 8 minutes per side until you get some nice grill marks and the eggplant turns soft.
- Meanwhile make the pesto with pestle and mortar or blender. Mix until you reach the right consistency, I like my pesto to be a bit chunky.
- Mix the cauliflower in a blender with the cream, salt and pepper.
- Plate up: spread a big spoonful of cauliflowerpuree onto the plate, add the grilled eggplant, pesto and chopped almonds. Optionally you could add some fresh thyme.