Breakfast is defenitely not my favourite meal of the day, I'd rather eat a hot meal or a good sandwich. Since that's not the most healthy option, I have been exmperimenting with thi breakfast cake. It's delicious, filling and perfect as breakfast or after-workout snack. For this cake I've used the XXL Nutrition whey protein with chocolate flavour, but you could use any kind you want! If you are using a fruit flavour, then leave out the chocolate and cacao and substitue with fresh fruit!
RECIPE (8 slices)
- 150gr oatmeal
- 50gr whey protein (or 50gr extra oatmeal and 1 tbs honey)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ts baking powder
- 400ml milk
- 1 tbs cacao
- 30gr chocolate
- Handful of nuts of your choice
- Mix all ingredients except the chocolate and nuts. The batter might seem wateryg but I assure you that once the oatmeal starts to soak in all the liquids, it will be fine!
- Line your baking tin with butter paper and pour the mixture into the tin.
- Chop up the nuts and chocolate and press them in to the cake.
- Bake 40 tot 45 minutes at 175 degrees. Leave to cool before cutting into it. Enjoy!