A lot of left over zucchinis? Make these fritters to sneak some extra veggies in to your dinner! They make a perfect snack, starter or light dinner that is defenitely family-proof, pretty sure everyone will love these!
Tip: you could also use other veggies like carrots.
RECIPE (2 persons)
- 2 medium sized zucchinis, grated finely
- 2 large eggs
- 60gr parmesan cheese
- 40gr flour (or cornstarch to make them extra crisp!)
- ½ ts baking powder
- 1 ts onion powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbs left-over green herbs, chopped
- 200ml store-bought tzaziki
- 3 green onions/scallions, chopped
- After you've grated the zucchinis, mix them with 1 ts salt and let them sit for 10 minutes in a sieve to drain the liquid. Squeeze as much liquid out as possible! You should have around 450gr of veggies at this point.
- Whisk the eggs, scallions, garlic, onion powder and herbs in a large bowl. Add pepper to taste.
- Add the zucchini, flour, baking powder and parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Heat 3 tbs of oil in a large pan and drop scoops of the batter into the pan. Press them down with a spatula. Fry them until golden brown on both sides, takes around 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Eat them while they are still crisp! Enjoy!