Sometimes simple is the way to go! To make this squash extra flavorful, I have marinated it with a green curry paste. Depending on how much heat you can handle, you could also go for red or yellow paste. Rub it in, let it set and grill in the oven or on the barbecue to get a nice crisp skin and soft inside. The shallots add some sweetness and the yogurtsauce reduces the heat. Super simple but so delicious!
RECIPE (2 persons)
- 1 squash (butternut or hokkaido), sliced
- 300ml 10% greek yogurt
- ½ cucumber, grated and drained
- Parsely or dill, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 store bought package of green curry
- 3 (banana) shallots, quartered
- Mix the currypaste with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and rub in to the squash slices. Leave to marinate for at least 30 min.
- Place the slices in a baking dish along with the quartered shallots and bake in preheated oven for 30 min. Flip halfway. Then switch to grill and leave them in for another 10 min.
- Meanwhile grate the cucumber and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Mix with the herbs, garlic and yogurt. Enjoy!