This dish is perfect for the hot summer days that are ahead of us. The röstis are a little crips, the salmon is fatty and all of that is perfectly balanced if you combine it with a spicy acidic yogurt sauce and some greens. Defenitely one of my favorite simple dishes!
RECIPE (2 persons)
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, grated
- 2 eggs
- 15gr parsley, leaves picked and chopped
- 1 ts garlic powder
- 1 ts onion powder
- 1 ts (spicy smoked) paprika powder
- 150gr thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 200gr thick greek yogurt
- Horseradish or wasabi
- Lamb's lettuce (veldsla)
- To make the horseradish cream, add the horseradish and wasabi to the greek yogurt bit by bit until you reach 'your kind of spicy' and set aside.
- Mix together the sweet potatoe, eggs, parsley, garlic, onion and paprika. Season wih some salt and pepper. Depending of the size of the sweet potatoes and eggs you have used, you might need an extra egg. The mixture should be sticking together nicely.
- Put a large frying pan on medium-high heat and add 1 tbs of oil. Form little balls of the sweet potatoe mixture and press down in the pan with a spatula. Fry them for 3-5 minutes on each side until cooked and crisped up nicely.
- Per person you will need three to four rostis. Top them off with a spoonful of horseradish cream, some slices of salmon and lamb's lettuce. Enjoy!