Doesn't that look amazing?! Merquez is a sausage used in the North-African cuisine, filled with lam or beef and seasoned with harissa, cumin and garlic. If you can't seem to find them in the supermarket, just buy chipolata sausages and grill them with abovementioned spices! The sauasage, tomatoes and lime make a perfectly balanced combination of spicy, sweet and sour. The flavors just work together and it also has a lot of different textures. Tastes so good!
RECIPE (2 persons)
- 400gr cauliflower rice
- 16-20 Roma tomatoes
- 4 merquez sausages
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 lime
- handful of almonds, chopped
- 10gr parsley, leaves chopped
- 10gr mint, leaves chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Fry the onions in 1 tbs of olive oil on low heat for 10 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar and leave them on the stove at low heat for the remaining time. Stir regularly.
- Place the tomatoes in a deep dish and drizzle with olive oil, and add salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 15 minutes at 200°C.
- Grill the merquez sausages until they are slightly browned cooked. Takes around 7 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile fry the onion in 1 tbs of oil in a large pan or wok until transculent. Add the garlic and stir in the cauliflower rice. Stir until cooked (5min).
- When done, mix in the herbs, salt, pepper, caramelized onions and top off with the chopped almonds and a wedge of the lime. Enjoy!