Flammkuchen (or tarte flambée) is a dish from the northern region of France and southern of Germany. It's a very thin crispy dough, spread with creme fraiche and originally pieces of bacon and onions. I have made this version with smoked salmon, roasted tomatoes, dill and a horseradish sauce, which gives a nice little kick to it.
RECIPE (2 persons)
- 1 package store bought flammkuchen
- 150ml Creme fraiche
- 100gr smoked salmon, in pieces
- 10gr dill, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Optional: grilled zucchini slices
- Horseradish to taste
- Spread creme fraiche over the dough in a thin layer. Leave some for the sauce.
- Add the onion and tomatoes, and bake for 10-15min in a 210°C preheated oven.
- Meanwhile mix the remaining creme fraiche with wasabi. Make it as spicy as you can handle!
- Top the Flammkuchen with the salmon, grilled zucchini, argula, dill and little drops of the wasabi sauce. Enjoy!