Veggies at its best! 🙌 Fresh courgetti, or spiral cut courgette, can be a great healthy option to substitute pasta. In this recipe I have paired it with a silky creamy avocado sauce and topped it off with some Parma ham. The saltyness of that ham is exactly what that sauce needs. Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese and lime zest for acidity on top, and you got one hell of a meal!
Recipe (2 persons)
- 2 courgettes, use a spiral cutter
- 2 avocados
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion, chopped
- 80gr Parma ham
- 10 tomatoes (Roma), roasted for 20min at 200°C
- 1 ts lemonzest
- Parmasan cheese
- hand full of argula
- Use a blender to make the avocado sauce by mixing the avocados and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste (or chili flakes). If it's too thick to blend, add some cream, creme fraiche or greek yoghurt.
- In 1 tbs of oil, fry the onion for 1 min, then add the courgetti. Stir until cooked, takes around 5 min.
- Add the sauce to the pan and turn off the heat. Mix well.
- Plate the courgetti and top off with the ham, cheese, argula and lemon zest.