I'm in awe!😍 This dish is so easy yet so flavorful! Eggplant is probably my favorite vegetable ever, or actually it's a fruit! You can bake it, stuff it, fry it or grill it, and this super versatile fruit will taste amazing regardless the way you cook it. A lot of people tell me that they don't really like eggplant because it can be rubbery and chewy, but then it just hasn't been cooked the right way. Make sure you cook your eggplant with a lot of fat! The eggplant actually needs the fat to transform and give you that super smooth texture. If you haven't been a fan of eggplant like I am, try this dish and I'm pretty sure you will come around.
Go. Try. This.🙌
Recipe (2 persons)
- 150gr couscous
- 300ml water
- 1tbs ras el hanout
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 4 chipolata sausages (optional), sliced
- 1 eggplant, sliced into four 3cm slices
- around 20 cherry tomatoes
- 2 sprigs of mint, leaves chopped
- Spray or brush olive oil on both sides of the eggplant, add salt and pepper and roast them 45 min in a preheated 210°C oven. Turn halfway.
- Add the tomatoes and roast for 20 min along with the eggplant.
- Meanwhile caramelize the onions in 1 tbs of oil at low heat for 15/20 min until soft and sweet. Set aside.
- Fry the sausage pieces for 5 min at high heat. Set aside.
- Boil the amount of water as stated on the couscous package. In a bowl mix the couscous and Ras el hanout. Add the boiling water and cover for 8 to 10 min until cooked.
- Add the onions, mint and sausage to the couscous. Mix well, with salt and pepper to taste. Lastly, add the tomatoes and eggplant. Tip: add the tomato juices and oil from the baking sheet to the couscous for extra flavor! Enjoy!