Perfect weekend food!😍 When it's April and asparagus season is about to start, I love to make this simple meal that really let's the asparagus shine. Because sometimes simplicity is key. Pair it with a nice glass of fresh German riesling or Italian pinot blanc, with has a little bit of sweetness to it.
Tip: don't ever throw away the peels because they taste amazing in a vegetable broth!
RECIPE (4 persons)
- 1,5-2kg asparagus, peeled
- 100gr unsalted butter
- 1 lemon
- 700gr ham
- Thyme (fresh/dried)
- Parsley (fresh), chopped
- Rub the ham with olive oil, thyme, peper and salt. Roast in a preheated oven at 180°C for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil the asparagus for 8 min. Turn off the heat and leave them for 10 min in their cooking fluid.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the lemon juice of 1 lemon and stir.
- Slice the ham and put them on a plate. Add the asparagus. Mix the parsley into the butter sauce and pour over the asparagus. Top with some grated lemon zest, pepper and salt. Enjoy!