In love with miso! 🙋🏼♀️I just can't get enough of that umami flavor! Miso is a fermented soy bean paste used in the Japanese cuisine, which you can use in both sweet and savory dishes. There are lots of different kinds of miso but for this recipe I have used the most common version, which is the yellow one. Miso can be a little expensive at some stores, but do not hesitate to buy it! Miso is so incredibly versatile, and so good! Mix it in your mayonaise, soup, stir fried veggies or caramel. Or in this udon noodlesoup with marinated salmon, shiitakes, enoki and green onion ofcourse.❤️ Sooo goodddd.
RECIPE (2 persons)
- 3tbs miso paste
- 140gr Udon noodles
- 2 salmon filets
- 4 tbs soy sauce
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- 2cm ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 900ml chicken stock
- 1 ts honey
- 1 tbs mirin (substitute: honey)
- 1 tbs Sriracha
- 6 shiitakes, quartered
- 70gr enoki
- 4 green onions, cut in 5cm pieces
- Marinate the salmon in 2 tbs soy sauce, 1 tbs oil, the chili and ginger. Leave to rest for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Put a frying pan on high heat and grill the salmon (skin down) 6 min. Then flip and grill another 2 min. The last 2 min, add the green onion.
- Meanwhile boil the noodles according to the package.
- Put on a pot with the chicken stock and mix in the Sriracha, left-over soy sauce, mirin, miso and honey. Add the shiitakes and bring to a boil.
- Drain the noodles and place in a bowl, place the salmon on top and pour over the soup and shiitakes. Lastly add the enoki mushroom and spring onion. Sprinkle some chili flakes on top if you like it spicy!